- Raised the quality of work by an under skilled local workforce of 130 electricians
- 700-plus complex electrical drawings facilitated efficient installations, producing optimal plant functionality
- 130,000-plus manhours with no lost-time injuries.
- Intense OSHA & MSHA compliance with more than more than 30 on-site inspections over an 18-month period.
- Installed feeders from eight 1.5 megawatt (MW) transformers for eight 2,000 amp switchboards powering 17 controls for nearly 400 motors and variable frequency drives
- Overcame a potential two-month delay due to lagging steel erection by strategically sequencing electrical installations.
- Powered three main electrical rooms and installed fire alarm, a fiber optic backbone, lighting and a backup generator
- Supplied with drawings of minimal detail, PayneCrest planned and integrated systems from multiple international vendors.
- Coordinated with multiple trades for a flawless check-out, start up and commissioning
“I can’t think of a project where electrical installations had to outpace the structural steel construction, but PayneCrest met the challenge with thoughtful solutions.”
— Gus Brooks, senior project manager, Clark Nexsen