- More than $300,000 in cost savings by rerouting feeders, pre-drilling conveyers to facilitate installations and restructuring labor assignments.
- On-site CAD trailers finalized incomplete plans and delivered greater clarity to field installations
- 90,000 man hours with no recordable injuries in an aggressive 10-month schedule
- Mitigation of multiple hazards, including coal dust ignition sources and below-ground conduit installations.
- Complex electrical network included a 4,160-volt distribution, a 480-volt distribution, 120 control panels, instrumentation, fiber optics, paging, fire alarm, heat tracing, lighting and receptacles, extensive grounding, dust suppression, HVAC controls and high mast lighting.
- Shaved a month from the schedule despite the challenge of a fluctuating river level and flooding.
“Without a doubt, PayneCrest knew what they were doing from the start. They excelled at creatively meeting project demands.”
– Mike Schimmelpfennig, Ameren consulting project engineer